From humble beginnings selling blends of loose leaf tea on a market stall in Camden over ten years ago, Yumchaa Tea now has an annual turnover of over £2m, with 50 staff across 7 London cafes. We also have a rapidly growing online sales platform selling tea all over the world. You will also find Yumchaa’s teas served worldwide in food service establishments who buy from our wholesale arm.
We are on a mission to share great tea with even more people, with further expansion and new sites planned for 2017. We operate in the highest growing sectors of the £32 billion tea industry: Blended, flavoured and green teas – these account for 29% of UK value sales. Our mission is to introduce fun, accessible and high quality tea and tea products to as many people as possible. Driven by our passion for delivering excellent customer service and a superior product we are at the forefront of the resurgence of quality tea in the UK!
- A proven multi-site operation with 7 profitable London cafes.
- 2 new shops opened within 6 months December 2016 – April 2017 (Brick Lane/Putney High Street), with a further 3 sites planned for 2017.
- New look website – yumchaa.com – launched November 2016 has delivered year on year growth of over 50% since inception and exported to over 50 countries.
- Award winning concept – Eat Out Awards Best Hot Drinks Concept (2016) Runner up for Time Out Love Local (2016).
- Press coverage – The Guardian, Buzz Feed, The Culture Trip, Big Hospitality, Eat Out Magazine, Londonist
- Large social presence with +10K followers, strong engagement within target market
- Digital mail out list of +12K subscribers
- A monthly tea tasting masterclass catering to the public and corporate events. Expansion of this concept planned for 2017.
- Brand re-launch project undertaken with new packaging released March 2017
- Bio-degradable tea pyramids to launch Summer 2017
Yumchaa is run by a dynamic and dedicated team of tea lovers! Our experienced operations team and board of directors are passionate about the growth of the brand and success of the business.
Financials and Exit
Yumchaa has exhibited impressive year on year growth in 2017, with our London sites delivering increased sales of 23%. Our new website, which launched in November 2016, has achieved sales growth of 57%. We are focussed on building a sustainable business and strong brand set for long term growth and success. Below are successful examples of similar companies which we aspire to.
- David’s Tea (Canada/US) IPO £435m in 2015
- Teavana sold to Starbucks in 2012 for £485m
- T2 sold to Unilever in 2013 or £30m
Invest in Yumchaa!
If you are interested in being part of Yumchaa’s continued success and growth please contact First Sentinel at email@example.com or by phone on 02037523118.
Yumchaa Group was admitted to the non-regulated market of the Cyprus Stock Exchange Emerging Companies Market on Monday, 22 February 2016. The company intends to use funds raised to expand our online and wholesale business, re-furbish our existing shops and open new sites in London and beyond.